Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Planning for 2018 is (almost) done

It's been a while since I last posted something in this blog. The main reason is my illness (cancer). I had major health issues in the middle of this year, and you always have to wait and see how it's going to go. I had a succesful removal of the main tumor (plus my right kidney) but there remainssome metastasis: a few dots on my lungs and one on my pancreas. I had to take a CT scan three month after my surgery to see how everything evolves. The lungs have remained the same and seem no reason for concern, but the small growth on the pancreas has somewhat increased in size. So now I'm on a course of medication (a form of chemo, but through pills). I've been taking it for a week yet and don't seem to suffer any of the side-effects (nausea, hair turning white, dizziness, high blood pressure, just name it). My oncologist is relatively optimistic and tells me to go on with my life and make plans.

Alright, so now we can considere what to do in 2018. We had some plans already, before we knew about the cancer. Now we'll have to take care to plan trips which we can always cancel without costs. Because taking an insurance will be impossible for me.

What we have in the planning for 2018 are already three trips to London: two in January and one in May. It's more than possible there will be a fourth trip too. We like seeing shows, and we are going to see Kinky Boots, Chess and watch Ramin Karimloo perform in the Southbank Centre.

At the end of March, we'll be going to the United Arab Emirates. First to Dubai, and then to Ras-al-Khaima.

In May, like said before off to London but also for a couple of days to Prague.

And in July, a trip to Seville (Spain) is planned.

So I'll be posting more in the coming months - while looking forward to more trips in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment